Everything That You Need to Know About NYC Clubs & Lounges
This article is intended for people who are not very familiar with the NYC Nightlife scene– but want to pick a club or lounge for an upcoming celebration.
the info in this article will help you avoid wasting ton of money at a club that you will hate, or getting rejected at the door, or many of the other nightlife disasters that happen to inexperienced people every night in this city.
In this article, we will cover basics– such as:
- What times NYC clubs and lounges are open
- Pointers for picking the right club
- How to dress, what an ‘exclusive’ club is
- How to get into clubs
So lets get started!
NYC Nightlife Basics
- Hours: Most NYC clubs don’t open until 11, and people don’t really start showing up until 12:30. Clubs stop serving alcohol at 4:00am, but parties often run past that milestone – fueled by tables that still have alcohol
- What Nights can you go out?: You can find awesome parties any night of the week– even on Sunday. But during the week, you’re going to have to know where to look to find a party that isn’t dead (check out our guide to weekday NYC parties here)
- Which Club or Lounge should you go to?– NYC has a variety of clubs to suit every taste and budget- check out this article for tips on how to pick the right nightclub and also this article.
- How Much Does Bottle Service Cost?
- Bottle Service – The Easiest Way to Get into Exclusive Clubs
- Picking a club with the crowd type that you prefer – Read the guide to crowd types here
- Picking a club with the music that you prefer – Read about clubs that curate an eclectic sound here
- Picking the right club for the night that you want to go out – Read about the best parties for different nights of the week
Prices at NYC Clubs and Lounges
Drink Prices – Drink prices at NYC nightclubs are comparable to other cities that have a large nightlife scene such as Miami, Las Vegas and LA.
Beer prices range between $7 and $14 dollars depending on where you go and what you are drinking- Mix drinks range between $12 and $22.
Bottle Prices – A bottle of premium vodka ranges in price from $250 up to $650 for a standard 250ml size, depending on where you go. Mid-tier clubs tend charge around $300 to $400 per bottle, and most top end places charge around $500 per bottle.
Champagne ranges from about $200 to $1,500 for a standard size bottle depending on what you order and were you go. Large size bottles go all the way up to $15,000 for a 15L Nebuchadnezzar sized bottle of Veuve Clicquot or $75,000 for a 3L bottle of limited edition Dom Perignon!
For more on NYC bottle service prices read our guide here.
How to Get Into Exclusive NYC Clubs
In New York City– before you can go out, you first have to get in.
Getting into a nightclub is not always as simple as just walking up and talking to the doorman. In New York- there are many exclusive clubs that are very picky about who they let in.
If you want to experience the most upscale crowds or check out places that celebrities and models are known to frequent– your best bet is going to be to make bottle service reservations. Count on paying a table minimum of at least $1,500 for a small group at any top tier nightclub.
You can find out more about NYC bottle service by checking out these articles:
or- you can contact us for bottle service reservations
Or, you can take your chances with the doorman. These articles about how to get into NYC nightclubs will help:
Click here for a comprehensive guide to getting into NYC’s exclusive clubs
Click here for our guide to things that will get you rejected at exclusive NYC clubs
How to Dress for Exclusive NYC Nightlife
Generally speaking, people that have spent some time developing a ‘look’ will have a much easier time getting into exclusive clubs.
If you know what we mean by that, then chances are good that have nothing to worry about- if you are not sure, try checking out our guide on what to wear to exclusive NYC clubs
Picking the Right Club or Lounge
A big part of having a successful night out is picking the right place to go. When it comes to exclusive nightlife there are 3 basics to consider: